I have wavy/curly hair that freaks and frizzes out in cold weather. I’ve always heard that olive oil is a great hair conditioner, but I finally got around to trying it and, well, now I think you should too. ;) Finally, my scalp has stopped that naggy, dry itching. And my hair is soft and less frizzy.
1. Pour a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of olive oil in a bowl. The first measurement is for shorter hair, and (You guessed it.) the second is for longer hair.
2. If you want to warm the oil up, microwave it for 40 seconds or so.
3. Over the bathroom sink (and with a towel over your shoulders if you’re going to be sloppy), apply the oil to dry hair, starting at the ends and working up. You can rub a little into your scalp too, but only if it’s dry.
4. Put all of your oiled locks into a shower cap.
5. After 30 minutes, shampoo and follow with a light conditioner.